Our 2022 Annual Report
San Francisco, CA – We are pleased to release our 2022 Annual Report, which summarizes the Hub’s accomplishments from our fourth year and identifies our short- and long-term plans for the future.
In the last year, we:
- Executed our fourth full-time fellowship program, our Climate Cohort, in partnership with Aspen Institute’s Energy and Environment program;
- Organized the Information Disorder Prize Competition to combat mis- and disinformation in partnership with Aspen Institute Commission on Information Disorder. Four semifinalist teams competed at the live pitch final event in April, at which Alterea, Inc. won the grand prize for its computer game to improve media literacy;
- Released 18 projects covering a variety of topics, from expediting the disbursement of disaster grants to improving the Federal Trade Commission’s investigation process;
- Launched our Policy 101 series, which provides quick 1-page overviews of key tech policy issues of the day; and
- Supported our 2022 alums who have gone on to influential policy roles in the White House, New York State Assembly, US Department of State’s Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental Scientific Affairs, and more.
Our work in 2022 proves that our training continues to provide the expertise necessary for fellows and leaders to accomplish their policy goals and create a positive impact. We are thrilled for our work to continue in 2023!