Alumni Updates & Internship Opportunity
Updates from Our Alumni
Our fellows and executive leaders have been busy in the tech policy sphere these past few months. Here’s a small slice of their recent accomplishments:
- Marcela Escobar-Alava assumed a new role as Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Director of Technology at the White House.
- Ann Lewis became Senior Advisor for Tech and Delivery at the US Small Business Administration.
- Ashley Llorens was nominated by the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy to serve as an artificial intelligence expert on the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence.
- Samara Trilling joined JustNYC as a staff software engineer where she is building tools for the tenants’ rights movement.
- Mariah Lichtenstern published an op-ed in Fortune magazine on SEC policies that reinforce the racial wealth gap.
- Ginny Fahs published a paper in Nature proposing the software equivalent of a food ingredients list for patient care technologies.
The Hub is seeking a rockstar intern to join our team this summer. The full-time paid intern will help manage the arrival of the summer cohort, expand the Hub’s external communications, and assist other day-to-day operations. The role is a great opportunity to support technologists learning the policy process and experience the operations of a dynamic nonprofit.