Our 2019 Annual Report
San Francisco, CA – We are pleased to release our 2019 Annual Report, which reviews the Hub’s accomplishments from our first year and identifies our short- and long-term goals for what lies ahead. We are inspired by how the Hub has grown and made an impact this year, and eager to continue to drive change in technology policy for years to come. Some of our key accomplishments include:
- Selecting a diverse first cohort of 15 talented fellows from a pool of over 270 applicants.
- Developing and piloting an innovative curriculum for policy training, which included over 50 events with over 100 featured speakers.
- Completing 12 diverse policy projects: 4 focused on state-level policy, 2 focused on federal-level policy, and 3 focused on corporate policy.
- Engaging external stakeholders in policy impact projects, including 12+ stakeholder meetings, 16 media appearances, 5 published policy briefs, 3 sets of operational guidelines, and 2 submitted white papers.
- Receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback from fellows after completing the program; many of them are now considering a career in policy and two have already switched roles to join government service since leaving the program.
While (unsurprisingly) we have already had to change our expectations for how 2020 will look, we are very grateful that the foundation we built in 2019 has put us in a great position to continue to grow and prosper in 2020 and beyond!